Tis' The Season











Hello my dear readers,
I hope those of you that celebrated Thanksgiving had a great one filled with lots of delicious food and wonderful company. I know I had much needed, relaxing break from just about everything. I was able to be home for a few days and let me tell you- they were jam packed. From grocery shopping for the big day, cooking the Thanksgiving meal (I specialize in green bean casserole!), and setting up our Christmas decorations, my heart was filled to the brim with joy. It was so nice to be free of school work and all the pressure that accompanies it. Now that I’m back, I’ve jumped right back into it. It’s that time of year again where finals roll around (college kids, do you feel me?!) and I have to devote more time to school than anything else. After this week, only two more to go! Where has the time gone?! I’m only one semester away from being halfway done with college… Oh I just can’t think about it.
Anyways, changing subjects because who wants to talk about school anyway? This time of year has always been my favorite. I’ve been listening to Christmas music since October and I’ve finally been able to decorate our home with garland, lights, trees, snow… you name it. As soon as we finished our thanksgiving meal I was ready to go! Is anyone else this excited for Christmas? I find it very easy to slip into routines, not that routines are bad, it just gets repetitive and I dislike going through the motions. Class, schoolwork, blogging, working, repeat. It gets plain old. This season always brings me back to my roots and I can really appreciate how blessed I am. As much as I’m enjoying where I am, I’m so excited to break out of typical routines and enjoy the Christmas season. There are so many things I’m looking forward too and I just can’t wait. I’ve actually compiled a list of things I want to do before the season comes to a close. Let me know what’s on your bucket list this Christmas!
I want to:
Go to a Christmas tree farm, go sledding, go ice skating downtown, build a gingerbread house, have a snowy photoshoot with friends, participate in a Christmas philanthropy, go to see the Nutcracker (I’ve never been!), make some killer hot chocolate, find the perfect New Year’s Eve dress, pick out perfect gifts for loved ones, attend a Christmas concert…. Wow I could seriously go on forever. I’m going to make it happen guys, I’m doing all these things before Christmas break is over!
What do you all have planned this Holiday season? I’d love to know, maybe I can add on to my list! I hope I find you all well, thanks for reading friends.
xx Mariah


No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.