New Years Goals



Psalm 65:11

Now that we're about two weeks into the new year, I've finally put together this post catered toward my goals for this upcoming year. In the past, I have always written out my resolutions a week prior to ringing in a new year, but this year- not so much. I'm slowly compiling a list of things I'd like to accomplish 2015. When it comes to mind, I jot it down. I think setting goals for yourself is important (Last year mine was to start a blog...mission accomplished!), it gives you something to work for rather than aimlessly wandering through life. This year I really want to focus on each day individually rather than a year in whole. It can be overwhelming a times planning 365 days ahead when I don't even know what I'm eating for dinner tonight! Rather than waiting for a new year to roll around to make resolutions, I'm going to treat each day as sort of a mini-year. There are so many things I want to accomplish, so taking in each day as its own should help me cherish the time that is ever so fleeting. Deep, I know.

I do have some general goals for the year which includes the ever so stereotypical eat healthier, workout more... you know! So, besides that I'll share a few with you!

1. Be joyful
This goal was rooted from a devotion I was doing recently and this is something I want to work towards this year. Being joyful is so much more than being happy. To be joyful is to know God has great plans for you and for me. A quote that really stood out to me was, "Joy is not something you arrive at later; it is a path you choose to walk each day". This really goes hand in hand with my approach to taking one day at a time. Joy is a choice I'm going to make daily even through difficult times! 



2. Grow in my faith
This is a goal set every year, and every day, really. To know God more is one of my deepest desires and takes a lot of obedience, which I'm working on as well!





3. Stop procrastinating
Honestly, this one was inspired by Lauren Conrad's new years resolution. Lauren, you're not alone, I procrastinate too often.  



4. Learn to box
One of our family Christmas gifts this year was a puching bag along with boxing gloves (mine are pink!) I often get bored doing the same workouts repetitively, so I really want to pick up boxing this year!

My list goes on, but here are my main goals for the year! I've even started a board on Pinterest dedicated to 2015! Be sure to follow me (here) if you aren't! What are your resolutions/goals for the year? I'd love to hear!

xx Mariah

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.