Print Mixing 101








Over break I had the privilege of working at New York & Company, and dressing up for work was my favorite. I find that it can become easy to loose personal style in the workplace when there are dress code requirements. I often reached for work wear basics like button ups, blazers and dress pants instead of incorporating my own style into my outfits. To end my short rut, I chose to combine some unlikely pieces. Mixing prints is a great way to add a unique touch to any outfit and the key is to pick different sized prints. Notice the stripes are large while the cheetah blazer is printed smaller and more compact. Choosing two large prints or vice versa can either overwhelm the body or look slightly awkward. Keep the rest of your outfit simple (like I did here, wearing all black) to enhance the contrast of prints, I encourage you to try it! What are your favorite prints to wear?

xx Mariah



No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.