Rhythm & Blues

















Six thirty comes early on a Monday morning, and there is no better cure than a nap. However, grabbing coffee with a friend is a close second. This also helps to chase away the winter blues, which I seem to catch around this time of year due to the lack of sunlight and sub zero temperatures. It can be challenging to incorporate personal style into outfits when its so cold all I want to do is belt a blanket around my body to stay warm. In the mix of all the muted tones I opt for in the winter, this printed wrap dress is perfect for breaking out of a mid-winter style rut. Though I can easily imagine myself wearing this with knee high brown sandals in the summer, I love challenging myself and wearing these types of pieces in the winter as well. Wearing a little color in the winter keeps my spirits up!

Here are some tips for beating the winter blues:

1. Coffee date with a friend!

2. Take pictures. It can be hard to see beauty in the winter among the dead trees and brown grass, but its still there, look closely. 

3. Go sledding/have a snowball fight. I find it hard to accept the massive amounts of snowfall this time of year, so embracing it keeps me upbeat!

4. Stay active. I notice the more down time I have the more down I feel. Exercising or even just keeping yourself busy makes a huge difference when skies are  grey. 

5. Plan out your outfits. This may seem dorky, but planning out my outfits make me so happy AND allow me more time to sleep later in the mornings! Try wearing something out of the box, you might enjoy it! 

Do you have any tips for  beating the winter blues? I'd love to hear them! Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

Stay warm, 
xx Mariah







No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.