Back To School//Transition Summer To Fall


It's that time of year when the desires of my heart and the temperatures outside never line up. Once School starts I’m already in the mood to begin wearing all of my cozy cardigans, knee high boots and fuzzy socks. And, well, since we all know that doesn’t exactly work with ninety degree weather, here are a few quick ways you can transition your wardrobe into fall without being overheated.





1.    Add black (or any dark color).
Dark colors are always a great way to transition from your summery brights to more neutral, fall-esque outfits. If you don’t want to jump from one extreme to another, try adding in navy, brown or grey.



2.    Switch out sandals for ankle boots
I mean, I wear ankle booties in the summer anyway, but this is a quick way to switch up your summer look. If you don’t change anything else and add boots, you’re bound to look autumn ready.




3.    Wool hats
If you’re a hat person like me, this is a go to step when jumping into a colder season. The lighter hats don’t cause any excess sweat and add just the right touch to any outfit.




4.    Berry Lipstick
Fall time means all sorts of shades of berries, plums and reds. Try trading out your light pink lip gloss for something bolder!


5.    Paint your nails
Similar to lipstick, try painting your nails a darker shade. It’s the little things that make the difference.



Before you go I just had to include this picture of myself and my brother trying to figure out where we were at his orientation. Anyone could have pointed me out my freshman year because I carried around a map my entire first week of classes! Its totally cool, right? Have any of you used a map to find your way around campus or am I alone in this? Let me know down in the comments!



I hope these five quick tips helped! As excited as I am for fall and back to school, I’m still soaking up the last few weeks of summer break. How do you plan on switching up your wardrobe this year?


xx Mariah


No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.