Conversation: Do What You Love











 Hello my friends,

I hope you enjoyed browsing through this little photo shoot. As the weather warms up, we become more anxious for summer to arrive and school to end. To me, summer is memory making season. The potential for adventure is always a decision away and this is what makes me feel so alive. This day in particular was a little taste of what's to come this year. After a long, freezing (I mean absolutely freezing) winter, my friends and I decided to take a little time to relax outside. As much as we wanted to be on the beach, Ohio doesn't exactly cater to our preferences. So, lacking beach towels and sunscreen; we gathered our blanket scarves, cut up a watermelon and enjoyed a bit of the afternoon under the warmth of the sun on an empty sand volleyball court on campus. This semester hasn't been an easy one to say the least, and we've all lacked time to relax.
Setting time aside to be present and do things you love with people you love is so important for our well being. Just this afternoon seemed to re-energize ourselves for the rest of the week allow time to be carefree. So I encourage you to set a little time aside each day, whether it be 5 minutes or a few hours, to do something you enjoy. You'll find yourself making memories, becoming inspired or discovering something new about yourself, the possibilities are endless. I know this post was sort of all over the place, but creating this content was the time I set aside for myself to enjoy doing what I love most.
What is something you love that you can't seem to make time for? Maybe fitting this into your daily routine is a challenge, try once a week and go from there. I can't find the words to describe the effect this will have on your overall joy in life. So, to wrap up this conversation, consider these words of Satsuki Shibuya: "By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others".

xx Mariah



 \

2 comments:

  1. Oh how much fun! Wish I was with my friends at home, near the sea eating watermelon now! But it's not even warm there yet. Love your words of inspiration too x

    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I hope it warms up where you are soon! x

      Delete

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.