One Dress, Two Ways





























Flowing dresses are definitely one of my go-to pieces this spring. This one from Altar'd State makes a subtle statement with its muted pink color, perfectly harmonious with mother natures beautiful blooms.  Because this dress isn't necessarily an eye catcher, I was so excited to find something so unique. The flared, loose fitting structure initially captured my attention over spring break when I was daydreaming about spending a day on the beach. On its own I definitely sense a laid back California-girl vibe.
 In the first look, I went the girly route layering a crochet sweater over top and slipping espadrilles on my feet (must I mention espadrilles are another one of my staples this season?!). Finding a lighter neutral color palette is one of the best ways to welcome the warm weather. Now, opposing the girly look, adding a leather jacket creates an insta-tough look ideal for a night out. I paired it with black high tops for the day and would switch them out for a pair of black heels to create something more appropriate for a nicer occasion.

So, which look do you prefer? I'd love to hear from you. I hope you are having a lovely Monday!

xx Mariah

Photography: Kylee Hickmott

Check out some of my favorite spring dresses here:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Hann and I shot at this wall this weekend. Too cute, love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw! Too funny, we're running out of places to blog in this little town! xx

    ReplyDelete

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.