Apple Picking


























Last year I created an autumn themed bucket list and hardly accomplished a single thing because I got caught up in the business of life after being sick for two weeks. This year, however I was able to visit the local apple orchard twice in one weekend! I was probably more excited to visit this orchard than any child there. My heart was giddy at the sight of apple trees. They just bring back good memories from my childhood. When I was little, my family had a single apple tree in our back yard we always used as the touchdown line when we’d play family football on the lawn. I don’t remember eating a lot of them, I mainly remember dad shooing away the deer when they would eat all of our apples (ha!). Not only was this place just an orchard, there was an old farm style shop at the entrance of this place. As soon as we walked inside my senses were overloaded with the sweet smell of fresh apple pies, hot apple cider and other cozy scents. For someone that loves the fall as much as I do, this was a little slice of heaven. The walls were lined with different seasonal foods, candles, knick knacks and even Christmas gifts and decorations. Wow, I’m already in the spirit!

After being in the cold for so long (it was only thirty some degrees and snowing!) we decided to sit inside and buy a pie to split between ourselves. I’m not exaggerating when I say I have never had an apple pie so delicious. Everything is made with fresh apples picked right off the trees at this orchard which made the experience that much more special. We all sat around the table talking about who-knows-what just having a great time. I could go on for hours about this little place that brought me so much joy, but I’m pretty sure there’ll be a part two to this post! This time of year always reminds me of how blessed I am to have the friends and opportunities I do. Do something this fall just to get away from your usual routine and enjoy time with those you hold close to your heart. I already know this is one of my favorite fall memories so far and I can’t wait to make a ton more.

Happy fall everyone!


xx Mariah

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.