Weekender











One of my must-haves during the school year is this adorable Steve Madden weekender bag. Last year I found myself stuffing my clothes in my backpack and taking multiple bags home at once only to stay a few days at a time. So when I came across this bag I was sure to snag a good deal at TJ’s. Honestly, I’m a slow packer. When planning a trip I usually start packing a week in advance and have everything laid out and a checklist on top to make sure I haven’t missed a thing. This past weekend, however, I was forced to pack at lightning speed when I decided to carpool home on a whim with Kylee (my roommate). Friday morning she decided she was going to leave after our first class and since I didn’t have super glamourous plans for the weekend I decided to surprise my family. We pulled her car around to the front of our dorm and put thirty minutes in the meter. We headed back to our room and raced time while we threw random things in any open bags we had. At this point I had a lot of adrenaline pumping, I told Kylee I felt like I was in one of those movies where I’m in a hurry to escape or leave town (it felt intense at the moment, okay guys!?). I had four bags sitting on the floor and I threw together all of my essentials and we were off in no time. Of course we only wanted to make one trip to the car so, Kylee had about three bags on her shoulders a box in her hand and was dragging her laundry bin down our hallway. I looked like a pack mule as well and followed behind to pick up all the things that fell out of her laundry bin. We definitely made a spectacle of ourselves, but neither of us cared because of how hard we were laughing. Back to the weekender, if I was more efficient I would have only needed to take home this bag which is actually the perfect size to diminish my over packing problems.
Also, we made it to the middle of the week (yay)! What are your plans for the coming weekend?
xx Mariah
Photography by Morgan Tomasetti
Last year at this time: Leather Weather

Shop this post:

3 comments:

  1. I recently sold my American Apparel demin jacket on eBay and now I am completely regretting it. I love this outfit. I'm travelling to New York soon, this bag would be perfect for things that I want to take as hand luggage.

    love, lissyhayes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Lissy! Once you find the perfect travel bag it's life changing in the realm of packing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.