My Autumn Bucket List


There are many things I aspire to accomplish this autumn season, as it is my favorite. So, I thought I'd share with you some of the things I plan to do. Since I've been a bit under the weather, I haven't been able to shoot any outfit posts, therefore this is my creation! I'm actually super excited about this post though. Anyway, enough rambling, I hope you enjoy!



Image Source: google






ONE Fall bonfires are a must. While I love them every season, nothing beats the smell of crisp fall air and the feeling of warmth sitting around the fire with family and friends. I'm a big family person, so I see this as an awesome opportunity to bond with those close to me and make some wonderful memories.










Image Source: rasamalaysia.com




TWO How delicious do these pumpkin cheesecakes look? I love anything and everything pumpkin. Since the flavor is usually only available in the fall, I take full advantage of its seasonal appearance. However, homemade pumpkin deserts are a must. Whether its pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls or pumpkin cheesecake, I'm in. You can find the recipe to these here.









Image source: the36thavenue.com





THREE DIY projects in the fall make the cutest decorations and gifts. I absolutely love this wreath. The cost is inexpensive and the outcome is super cute. What better way to welcome guests into your home than with a beautifully decorated door? The process is simple and the options are endless, click here for some DIY wreath inspiration.








Image source: tumblr.com





FOUR Stocking up on my flannels is something that is definitely on my to-do list. Is it really fall without plaid and flannels? I don't think so. Whether blankets, shirts, socks ect. I'll wear it if its warm.











Image Source: google







FIVE Hay rides are something I used to look forward to as a kid. My dad would load up the wagon with bails of hay, connect it to our giant tractor and take me and my friends through our woods and around our property for hours at a time. I haven't been on a hay ride since I was young, and I would really love to do it again. Its totally part of the fall spirit and is a tradition I'd love to rekindle.






Image source: MariaMeridith.com




SIX I love carving pumpkins and its no fun to skimp and go to the grocery store to pick up one for five dollars or so. I love pumpkin patches. Its such a beautiful scene, seeing people of all ages pick out they're very own pumpkin to specially carve in honor of the season. The masses of orange are so complementary to the falling leaves and I just can't get enough! 











Image source: tumblr.com






SEVEN
 While Spending a day in my pajamas sounds appealing everyday, its more fun to plan a whole day to spend wearing pajamas, drinking hot chocolate and watching my favorite fall movies. Who's with me?!








Image source: topwalls.net




EIGHT 
Walking a trail during this time of the year is so heartwarming. Its honestly one of the things that fills me with pure joy. I love being away from technology and into nature, its so beautiful and I easily overlook it. To me its so important to fill my mind with positive thoughts and to put my self in a position to see the good in everyday. I know it may seem a little deep for hike through the woods, but believe me when I say its so refreshing. 








Image source: stylemepretty.com





NINE Apple Picking. I've never been and I'm dying to go! Its such a huge fall festivity and I've been missing out on it for eighteen years now! I love being able to pick food right off from the stem. To know its fresh from nature is so appealing to me. Just think how many apple recipes are out there. Fresh pies, cider, apple crisp, ahhh, I get so giddy thinking about it. I feel called to participate in such a thing. 







I hope you enjoyed this little post on my autumn obsession. I know it has nothing to do with fashion, but it has a lot to do with happiness. I love to be happy and encourage all of you to do things this season that refresh your body and mind. Little things like hay rides or carving pumpkins can be such fun ways to get away from the craziness of the world and to spend time with yourself and with others. Its so refreshing, I promise. 

"Train yourself to see the good in everything"

xx Mariah

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.