Plaid: Two Ways


























Hello everyone!
I'm so excited to share this post! Mainly because I'm featuring my beautiful sister on Sprinkle of Style today. Since plaid is all the rage this season, I've decided to show you two ways it can be worn. I'm usually not one for trends, those of you that have been following me for a while know that! I happen to be a big fan of plaid and I really enjoy how both of these looks turned out. Surprisingly enough, Morgan and I didn't plan on wearing such similar outfits. After getting dressed I was shocked to see how similarly we looked, both showcasing our personal styles. Morgan is definitely the effortless-casual girl while I'm usually the more girly and preppy one. I love that Morgan played with the corduroy and knit textures of her pants and sweater. It really creates a more interesting outfit. A simple fishtail braid and a pair of off-white converse topped off her look perfectly. Shifting to my outfit, I really wanted to make my maroon tights the focus. I wore maroon booties as well to elongate my legs, which, in my opinion, actually worked. As for the rest of my outfit, the print of the blazer adds so much to the simple chambray shirt and brown skirt. The print on the blazer is definitely more subtle than the plaid of Morgan's sweater, showing you that trends don't always have to be the focus of an outfit. So which is more similar to your style? Casual or girly? Let me know if you enjoyed this post, I really enjoy switching things up with my posts and want to hear what you think!
I hope you all are having a fantastic day!
xx Mariah
Morgans Outfit: Sweater :Goodwill, Chambray Shirt: LC Lauren Conrad, Pants: H&M, Shoes: Converse
My Outfit: Blazer: H&M, Chambray Shirt: Target, Skirt: Forever 21, Tights: Marshall's, Booties: Target, Bag: Steve Madden

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.