Layer Loving












 The easiest way to stay warm during this seasonal cold spell- layers. Layering is a great way to add more character to an ensemble, but can add bulk to my petite frame if I'm not careful. I'm always trying to avoid that top-heavy look since I do tend to layer often. The key is to pair more bulky pieces  (the sweater) and form fitting (the blazer) ones together. All bulk will swallow up anyone, and may not be so flattering unless its the look you're going for, of course. I chose to sandwich my metallic silver sweater between a classic button up and a chic blazer, articles I've worn plenty of times. All three pieces are classic with a bit of a twist, the sweater in color and the blazer's leather sleeves. This is one of those outfits I feel so "me" in, mainly because I found just the right balance of chic and casual. I do have to say, the lip color and pony tail top the look of nicely.
Do you have any go-to seasonal pieces like a sparkily sweater, sequin pants or killer red heels? I'd love to see what you're into this time of year.

xx Mariah

Button up: H&M, Sweater: H&M, Blazer: Target, Jeans: Levis, Shoes: Daily Look, Bag: Target, Lipstick: NYX Indie Flick

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.