Back to Basics















For the holiday my family decided pack our overnight bags and road trip four hours north of Cincinnati to visit my Dad’s side of the family. Though our traveling style closely resembles the Griswolds, it was nice to relive a trip we’ve taken so many times before. Going long periods of time of time without visiting important people in your life makes you value the time spent with them even more. There truly isn’t anything more comforting than walking through a familiar door to open arms, delicious meals and the distinct (and wonderful) aromas of your Grandparents house. That evening we watched fireworks under clear skies and ran around with sparklers for over an hour trying to capture the spirit of the Fourth of July. Needless to say it felt nice to be a kid again.
My outfit is filled with basics: a white long sleeve tee and high-waisted blue jeans. With my added personal touches such as booties, my Giving Key necklace and of course my poncho cape, this ensemble was complete. This outfit is perfect for sitting around a campfire on a cool summer night. I often use my poncho to sit on as a blanket since it is so big, not to mention it’s also great to curl up in during the winter months. When in doubt- go back to the basics and build your outfits from there adding your personal touches in the details. What is a distinguishing factor of your style?
Thanks for reading!
I hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend to those of you in the U.S and a wonderful weekend for those of you elsewhere!
xx Mariah
Photography by Morgan Tomasetti
Last year at this time: Polka Dot
Shop this post:


No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.