Monochrome










One of my favorite things to do is explore my home city. I’ve lived Cincinnati my entire life and surprisingly go down-town on the rare occasion of a Reds game or visiting my brother at school. Last week; my mom, sister and I took a day off to go to Newport on the Levee to shoot some footage for a special project (you’ll see soon!). Though we didn’t wander far, we enjoyed a beautiful view of the city accompanied by ice cream (of course), lots of pictures and memories to look back on.
One of the greatest blessings in life is having a sister. I could easily create a list of sentimental reasons I love Morgan, but I’ll spare you the time (it would be long and mushy). So instead I’m going to share the most surface (and beneficial) role she plays in my life: backup closet. Yes, my sister has lovely style. We definitely have different styles but she has a ton of clothes I love to get my hands on when I have the chance. So today I’m sharing this style steal- the crop top and skirt are right from Morgan’s wardrobe. Her printed skirt from H&M immediately grabbed my eye. The cool hues and unique pattern initially drew me in and I begged her to let me style it. In order to let the skirt be the center of attention, I chose a solid navy crop top to enhance the darker shades in the skirt. I paired a light statement necklace to add interest of course and a couple rings to add to the girly flair this look gives off. To top everything off I threw on my nude mule heels to elongate my legs. These shoes are my go-to shoes this summer. They go with everything. I mean it. Everything. The greatest part is they’re actually comfortable. I find myself reaching for these more often than not and am on the hunt to find a black pair for this coming fall.
So, if you have a sister, do you share clothes or is your closet exclusive to you and you only? I was definitely stubborn about letting her borrow clothes when we were in junior high but we both enjoy the benefits of borrowing when we’re in need of something different in our wardrobes. 
xx Mariah

Photography by Morgan Tomasetti
Last year at this time: Little Black Jumper
Shop this post: 

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.