Summer Staples













Hello, everyone!
I’m back today with more of my favorite basics, and I wholeheartedly believe YOU should have these pieces in your closet. If you’ve followed my blog for a while now, or have even read one post, you probably know I try to buy the most versatile clothing as possible to maximize the amount of use I get out of them. Honestly this outfit requires minimal creativity, but is perfect for a casual day out to a baseball game, grocery shopping- you name it. So I’ll just make this easy and list for you these awesome mix and match pieces that will add an effortless vibe to your wardrobe.
1.    Stripes
Stripes have a special place in my heart. This print will never go out of style (cue Taylor Swift) and adds more interest to any outfit. Now, I know some are opposed to wearing horizontal stripes in fear that they’ll make you look larger than you really are which can be true in some instances, but worn right can be a go-to print every time. So here are two things to consider when picking out your stripes:
·         Thickness
o   The thickness of the stripes can create a significantly different look. Stripes look different on every body type so try on clothing with different sized stripes to see what best suits your body type.
·         Spacing
o   How far apart stripes are spaced makes a huge difference too. Find the spacing that’s right for you- there are no rules; just find what works with your body type and the look you’re going for. Check out this picture that shows the power of stripes on a body type. What do you think?
2.    Boyfriend Jeans
Even on a petite frame, boyfriend jeans can look great when you find a pair that fits. I can’t afford to wear super baggy boyfriend jeans, although I love the look, it would make my bottom half appear larger than it is. The key to everything is trying it on. Physically seeing how something appears on your body will help you make decisions so much easier when shopping.

3.    Converse
Converse may not be for you, but a great sneaker is definite closet staple. I have sensitive feet and if I’m walking around all day, a solid sneaker shoe is what I need to keep me going.

4.    Fedora
Hats, hats, hats. I love ‘em. They add so much to a basic uniform and can cover that second or third day hair, you know what I’m saying? Not only that but they protect your skin from the harsh rays of the summer sun.

So, I hope you found this post helpful and can find great basics to add to your wardrobe! I’d love to see/hear how you style your summer basics, so leave a comment or share a picture!
Thanks for reading!
xx Mariah
Photography by Morgan Tomasetti
Last year at this time: Elegant Evening

Shop this post:

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.