Walls












On a not-so-sunny afternoon my sister and I took a mini trip to a town nearby of which is the most adorable town I’ve visited.  Full of color, antique shops, old ice cream stores and a few rundown buildings; it’s as if this place had been staged as a backdrop for a plethora of pictures to be taken. As we were walking, an alleyway caught my eye. At first because of the rustic look of the brick wall and patched up windows, but as we drew nearer I couldn’t help but notice the baby pink color of the mirroring wall. If you haven’t noticed, I love walls, especially walls with character. Finding the perfect place to blog can make or break a post. More often than not, unused posts don’t have to do with poor photography, the styling, or a bad hair day, but the lack of a complementary locale. I’m becoming increasingly picky when it comes to location these days. Along with finding nice background, we found nice people. Perfect strangers stopped us and complemented our looks and offered to take a picture of me and Morgan next to the beautiful greenery surrounding the ice cream shop. Now, I’ll be the first to say I have a hard time trusting people, my first reaction was to say, “thanks but we’ve actually already taken pictures here” but somehow in some way I found myself handing over my camera for a couple of strangers and engaging in friendly conversation with them. As we pulled out of the parking lot after our forty-five minute shoot, I asked Morgan, “Didn’t you feel important walking around today?” of which she replied “Mariah, it’s probably because you’re wearing an outfit you love, heels that clack when they hit the ground and red lipstick, you’re bound to feel important”. While all of this is a confidence booster, we both knew it was the encounter with three perfect strangers that stopped us and made our day. I like walls, I do, but sometimes it feels nice to let them down, wouldn’t you say? This encounter inspires me to go out of the way to make someone else’s day and to give them something to remember, even just for a little while. That feeling of importance that means so much to each one of us can change somebody’s entire direction.
So, what can you do to make a strangers day?

Xx Mariah

Photography by: Morgan Tomasetti
Last year at this time: Check out my Fourth of July series here, here, here and here for outfit inspiration! 
Shop this post:

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.