Elegant Evening











 When I ordered this dress, I couldn't wait to wear it. It looked like the perfect piece for an evening out. Between the soft pink hue and the lace detail, I was sold. However, when it arrived I noticed the slip underneath stopped above the lace cutouts as you can probably tell by the pictures. Because of this strange design, it earned the title of  "the awkward dress".  It was so awkward trying on for the first time, you could see right through it! I was not about to give up on this dress, so I went out and bought a neutral slip to wear underneath. I'm still not completely pleased with how it looks, so I'm trying to figure something else out (maybe make a slip of my own to attach to the dress?).
I ended up wearing it out on a dinner date with one of my best friends. There is nothing better than catching up over a delicious meal (at Olive Garden-need I say more?). I've been trying to spend time with each of my friends individually before I leave for college, which has been super fun and also so weird. I can't believe how soon move in day is! I'm so excited and nervous all at once. If you're going off to college, I'd love to know how you feel! Also, if you have any college advice I'd love to hear your input!
Any way, I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
xx Mariah
Dress: She Inside, Bag: Charming Charlie, Shoes: TJ Maxx, Bracelet: Kohl's 

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.