Printed Shirt



 




Hello, Friends!
If you haven't noticed already, I went back to my Monday-Wednesday-Friday posting schedule due to how busy I've been! I love posting at least four times a week, but I'm still adjusting to college life and I want to make sure I prioritize. While I'd love to put my blog first, I have to focus on school at the same time (and lets be honest, I'm paying big bucks for this education) so naturally, homework comes before blogging.
Anyway, how cool is this shirt?! I visited my cousin for a short weekend and borrowed this cool piece she found at Goodwill! I wish I could say I'm as good as thrifting as she is, but she's a natural. Due to the heat, I paired the airy piece with some cut off shorts and an elegant necklace to add some contrast to the casual look.
Not only did this shirt take me out of my comfort zone, so did taking these pictures. My roommate took these and had me sitting and standing in the middle of the sidewalk while bikers and pedestrians were walking around us wandering what we were doing. I love the setting of these pictures so, it was worth stepping out of my comfort zone. Its really the small steps like wearing a crazy outfit or shooting for a blog post in front of strangers that are helping me become more confident in my own skin. I think struggling with confidence is something we all deal with at some point and by pushing ourselves to try/do new things we're afraid to do, we're developing into a better version of ourselves.
I didn't expect to veer from the fashion aspect this much, but it was something that came to mind as I sat down to write this post.
Anyway, I hope you are having a fantastic Monday!
xx Mariah
Top: Goodwill,  Shorts: Forever 21, Shoes: H&M, Necklace: Target, Glasses: Target, Purse: Ralph Lauren

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.