Quirky & Girly













Hello friends!
Who else is excited its officially autumn!? I have already created somewhat of a bucket list of activities I want to do before fall ends, including; going on a hay ride, going apple picking, buying fresh apple cider, having a bonfire,visiting a pumpkin patch...the list could go on! Anyway, with the fall I expect cool temperatures, but unfortunately that's out of my control. The weather here in Kent is quite inconsistent. I was actually very warm wearing this today. It feels so good in the shade, but it was almost eighty degrees in the sun. 
Enough of my rambling and to the outfit! I didn't plan on wearing this combo when I picked out this dress today. I was just going to throw on tights, boots and a leather jacket, but when I hung up this dress to pin some of the draping that fell, I put it over the hanger with my gingham shirt. I looked at the combination at first and thought that the colors looked nice together, but I'd never wear such a thing. I proceeded to look at the two pieces together and decided to give it a try. Surely enough I love this unusual combo! I love the quirky feel and mixed prints. This isn't something I'd usually wear, but I love pushing myself out of my comfort zone when it comes to style. The colors and patterns seamlessly transition into fall though I'm waiting for the weather to do the same. 
I hope you all are having a great day, and let me know what's on your fall bucket list this year!
xx Mariah

Dress: Delia's, Gingham Shirt: Forever 21, Shoes: Alloy, Belt: Target

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.