Shopping Tips



Image source: Google

I was recently asked by one of my good friends if I would go shopping with her. My obvious answer was yes, of course! How could I pass up a fun day of shopping and girl time?! Not only did she ask that, but she asked me if I could teach her how to shop. This isn't the first time I've been asked that question, and its something I use to struggle with myself. You may think that sounds crazy, (you just find an outlet and pick out things you like, right?) but to avoid overspending and buying pieces you'll only wear once, there's a method. Its not a formal process and it may not be for everyone, but I thought I'd share some of my tips on how to have a successful shopping trip!

Image Source: Refinery 29

Tip #1 Review
Take a look through your closet, are there any pieces you have and can't figure out how to wear them or what to wear them with? If you own something you've never worn, it can become quite frustrating. Decide what pieces would look good with what you already own and jot it down. Why not create more variety with the pieces you already own?

Tip #2 Prep
Before you head out for a shopping trip, gain some inspiration! Take some time to scroll through Pinterest or other sites for outfit inspiration! Pick out some looks you come across that you love and take note.

Tip #3 List
Hopefully by now you'll have an idea of the things you're looking for. Creating a list is a great way to stay on track as you go about your shopping endeavors. It is also a great way to save money. If you know what you need, you won't be picking out random trendy items you come across.

Tip #4: Plan
As you go about your shopping, pick shops you know will have what you're looking for Checking online can also be a great way to find more things in one place. Check for special discounts or offers available before you head out!

Tip #5: Splurge vs. Save
When I shop, I tend to spend more more money on staple pieces I know will last. Quality is important to me when I'm buying versatile pieces, even if it means spending a little extra. If there is a particular trend I'm loving, I opt for a cheap versions of the style since it probably won't be in my closet for long.

Tip #6 Consider
When I'm considering an item, I think about what I'd wear it with. I try to brainstorm at least three ways I can wear the piece and if I can't, it usually goes back on the rack. Versatility is something I look for in most of the things I purchase. While versatility is important, make sure you add some variety and color to your closet. Its no fun to have all basics and nothing to go with them!

Tip #7: Have fun
Shopping should be something enjoyable, have money set aside in advance so you don't feel guilty spending it! Enjoy a day spent with friends (or yourself!) relaxing and treating yourself. Also, don't be too focused on your list. Its okay to buy on a  whim, just not all the time if you're on a budget.


Keep Calm Go Shopping - KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON Image Generator - brought to you by the Ministry of Information
Image source: Keep-Calm-O-Matic

I hope these tips were helpful, let me know if you do anything in particular when you shop. I'd love to hear from you!
Thank you so much for reading!
xx Mariah

No comments

Post a Comment

© sprinkle of style
Design:Maira Gall.